The Orange Island Review seeks poetry and art submissions for a special feature in response to the February 14, 2018 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.
Submissions for this special issue are welcomed
from students grades 9–12
attending classes in any public, private, charter or home school in the United
States, with priority consideration given to students, faculty, staff and
alumni from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School,
Westgaldes Middle School, and any resident of Parkland, Florida.
Poems may be submitted from March 13, 2018 to September 12, 2018 as follows:
1. All work must be original and previously unpublished. We accept simultaneous submissions, but please let us know immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
2. Submit up to three poems, 30 lines maximum each, single-spaced, 12-point type, along with the OIR Release form. Submission received without the release will be disregarded. https://orangeislandartsfoundation.submittable.com/submit/55579
3. If form is an integral part of your piece, please submit a .pdf of your submission to preserve the placement of text on the page. Otherwise, .doc and .docx files are fine.
4. All participants agree to be subjects of press releases and media stories about their work and the foundation.
5. Your submission is an agreement that you will try to attend the Orange Island Review Release Party at a soon to be determined location and date
6. DEADLINE: Your poem must be submitted through Submittable by September 12, 2018.
7. All submissions should include a cover letter with:
• your name
• postal address
• phone number
• email address
• high school name and address with school principal listed
• your submission title(s),
• a short, publishable bio of approximately 50 words.
• and release found at https://orangeislandartsfoundation.submittable.com/submit/55579
Submissions not following these criteria will be disqualified. If you do not hear from us after our next issue is released, please feel free to contact us about the status of your submission.